Andrew Baker is a self-taught investor based in Sydney. During the day he specialises in building machine learning at global firm Accenture; by night he’s trading cryptocurrency, ASX stocks and NASDAQ derivatives. He began his investing journey after seeing the Global Financial Crisis unfold around him, and he hasn’t looked back since.
Andrew is a strident critique of mania, bubbles, and the latest incarnation of lemming-like behaviour in financial markets: the Australian housing market. Like another guest and friend of the pod, Steve Keen, Andrew believes Australia is hurtling towards a crash by the end of the decade.
– APRAs Policy Hand Brake: Further measures to reinforce sound measures of mortgage lending practices
– Michael Burry Youtube Clip
– Ray Dalio ($164 Billion under management) on How Economics Works
– UBS Report On How F*cked We Are
– Follow these guru’s on Twitter:
Steve Keen – @profstevekeen
Jonathan Tepper – @jtepper2
Marc Cohodes – @AlderLaneeggs
The Intelligent Investor – Benjamin Graham
Can we avoid another financial crisis? – Steve Keen
Debunking Economics – Steve Keen
Capital in the Twenty-First Century – Thomas Pickerty
The Euro – Joseph Stiglitz