Weekend Reading & Selected Links
Happy weekend! Here are some links to things I've been reading or watching that you might also enjoy:
1. 'Keynes the Stock Market Investor: A Quantitative Analysis', a study by David Chambers, Elroy Dimson and Justin Foo, who investigate how John Maynard Keynes amassed a fortune as a bottom-up stock-picker.
2. 'Nuclear weapons: Why reducing the risk of nuclear war should be a key concern of our generation', a recent Our World in Data article by Max Roser.
3. Patrick Collison's bookshelf.
4. 'Principles for Dealing with the Changing World Order by Ray Dalio', the new Dalio video. Too deterministic for me, but a well-executed animation.
5. Sumerian proverbs and jokes, including the mysterious proverb 5.77, possibly the world's first recorded bar joke: "A dog entered a tavern and said: 'I can't see a thing. I'll open this one!'"
Have a great weekend,