Happy weekend! Here are some links to things I've been reading, watching or listening to that you might also enjoy:
1. 'The Best New Ideas Combine Disparate Old Ideas', a new article by Matt Clancy.
2. 'Cornucopia: The pace of economic growth in the Twentieth Century', a draft chapter published in 2000 by Brad DeLong for his excellent book Slouching Towards Utopia which will at long last be published later this year. (I'll be recording a podcast with him in August – what should I ask him?)
4. 'The Other Side', a poem by Seamus Heaney.
5. 'Roy Foster: On Seamus Heaney', an excellent The Spectator podcast.
6. 'Manias and Mimesis: Applying René Girard’s Mimetic Theory to Financial Bubbles', a 2019 paper by Byrne Hobart and Tobias Huber.
Have a great weekend,