Happy weekend! Here are some links to things I've been reading, watching or listening to that you might also enjoy:
1. My random observations from my recent trip to the US.
2. 'A Cynic’s Guide To Fintech', a classic Medium post by Dan Davies. Via friend of the pod John Hempton.
3. 'Psychology is Fundamental: The Limitations of Growth-Optimal Approaches to Decision Making under Uncertainty', an updated version of Matt Ford and former guest of the pod John Kay's critique of ergodicity economics.
4. 'How to make housing affordable in Australia', from a new blog by former Productivity Commission researcher Matt Maltman.
5. A Guide to the Open Society and Its Enemies, a new audiobook by Rafe Champion, narrated by Elyse Hargreaves (both are Aussies).
6. 'The Two Fiduciary Duties of Professors', a new essay by former guest of the pod Jon Haidt.
8. 'The Progress Issue', by Big Think.
Have a great weekend,