Weekend Reading & Selected Links
Happy weekend! Here are some links to things I've been reading or watching that you might also enjoy:
1. 'Rise and Fall of Technology in Chinese History', Yasheng Huang talks to the Weatherhead East Asian Institute about his forthcoming book.
2. 'The Dystopia We Fear Is Keeping Us From the Utopia We Deserve', Ezra Klein's recent opinion piece for The New York Times.
3. Richard Reeves on boys and men, a new Big Think video.
4. 'The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission: Evidence From the Chonsei System', a recent paper by Baiyun Jing, Seongjin Park and Anthony Lee Zhang on monetary policy transmission in the context of South Korea's Chonsei system, whereby tenants make interest-free loans to landlords in exchange for paying no rent.
5. Ramanujan's "cold email" to Hardy in 1913.
Have a great weekend,