Happy weekend! Here are some links to things I've been reading that you might also enjoy:
1. During the week, it was announced that Katalin Karikó and Drew Weissman won the 2023 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. I recorded a podcast with Karikó earlier this year (her first ever longform podcast conversation). If you missed it, you can listen or read the transcript here.
2. A Twitter account providing updates on the situation in Israel. (From memory this account was also reliable during Russia's invasion of Ukraine.) Via Tyler Cowen.
3. 'From Warp Speed to 100 Days', a recent Asterisk article by Witold Więcek.
4. 'Explosive Growth from AI automation: A review of the arguments', a new paper by Ege Erdil and Tamay Besiroglu.
5. Last weekend, I finally opened the show to listener support. I was touched by the support from many listeners. In case you missed it and want to contribute, you can support me here. This is the last time I'll share this link via this mailing list for a while. (Please don't support me if you're struggling at the moment or would need to draw down your charity budget.)
Have a great weekend,