Happy weekend! Here are some links to things I've been reading or watching that you might also enjoy:
- The first word has been discovered in the unopened Herculaneum scroll.
- 'What is an Emergency? The Case for Rapid Malaria Vaccination', a new MR post by Alex Tabarrok.
- Friend of the pod and former guest David Tuckett's Bielefeld lecture on 'How People Make Decisions in the Face of Radical Uncertainty'.
- 'What You Should Know About Megaprojects and Why: An Overview', Bent Flyvbjerg's 2014 article which recently won the PMJ's 'Most cited paper of the last 10 years' award.
- 'Demanding the morally demanding: Experimental evidence on the effects of moral arguments and moral demandingness on charitable giving', a paper by Ben Grodeck and Phil Schoenegger. Via friend of the pod Ben himself. Relevant to the discussion of the '10% recommendation' in my recent podcast with Peter Singer.
- Jaan Tallin's latest thoughts on x-risk.
- 'Melbourne's Missing Middle', a recent report by YIMBY Melbourne.
- 'Lessons from Israel's Wars in Gaza', a 2017 RAND research brief.
Have a great weekend,